The Mil – Mi-38
The Mil Mi-38 helicopter is a medium transport helicopter intended for day and night operation, under any weather conditions in a range of temperatures from – 60C up to + 50C.
A Snapshot of the Mil – Mi-38
Built by Kazan Helicopters in close collaboration with Mil Design Bureau and Eurocopter, the Mi-38 is a medium transport helicopter. The Mi-38 helicopter meets FAR-29 requirements and European JAR-29, category A and B.
The engine of the helicopter has been developed by Pratt-Whitney/Rus and is designed to meet the requirements of European JAR-E Regulations.
The helicopter is intended for day and night operation, under any weather conditions in a range of temperatures from - 60C up to + 50C.
- This versatile helicopter will fulfill the following roles: servicing offshore platforms and transporting passengers and loads over the sea; search and rescue missions; construction tasks (including those requiring high accuracy)
- The high performance and efficient fuel consumption provides the Mi-38 with significant advantages over other helicopters of its class.
- It is equipped with new PW – 127 T/S engines each rated at 2500hp and developed by joint venture Pratt-Whitney/Russia on the basis of the PW127 engine already in serial production.
- The helicopter can land and takeoffs from unprepared sites including sites overgrown with shrubs.
- Absence of tail rotor eliminates the personnel injuries when the helicopter is on the ground.
- General Equipment
- New electronic indication system based on color displays
- Digital stand-by auto pilot with gauge data processing system, modern radio communications equipment
- High level of automation provides one-pilot operation
- Composite blades with increased service life
- Aerodynamic fuselage configuration
- Anti-vibration crew seats
- Increased volume of a cargo compartment
- VIP Variant:
- For transporting of 12 passengers over range up to 700 km
- Carrying of 30 passengers over range up to 450 km
- Transportation up to 5 tons inside the helicopter over range of up to 400 km
- Transporting loads up to 7 tons on an external cargo sling
- Transporting combined passenger and cargo loads
- For evacuation up to 16 wounded on stretchers
- Take-off Weight:
- 14,200 kg
- 15,600 kg
- Empty Weight:
- Cargo Compartment Dimensions:
- Dimensions of Airframe:
- Diameter of Main Rotor:
- Number of Blades:
- Main Rotor:
- 12 to 16
- Operational Activities:
- External sling load
- Internal Cargo
- Offshore Transport
- Passenger Transport
- Load-Carrying Capacity:
- In Cargo:
- 5000 kg
- On External Sling:
- 7000 kg
- Crusing Speed:
- 275 km/h
- Ceiling Under ISA Conditions:
- Hovering OGE (min):
- 2800 m
- Service (min):
- 5100 m
- Powerplant: TV3-117VM
- Fuel Consumption:
- Service Life:
- 2500 hp
- With Max. Fuel:
- 885 km
- Maximum Flight Duration: